INTRODUCTION TO MODERN CALLIGRAPHY
This beginner’s workshop is a wonderful introduction to the world of modern calligraphy. It is designed for people trying pointed pen calligraphy for the first time, or have tried it but would like a more guided experience in a relaxed, fun atmosphere. All materials will be provided.
During this beginner’s workshop we will learn about:
- Basic calligraphy tools and how to get started with a pointed pen
- Drills for warming up and controlling ink flow
- Basic strokes and letter formation
- How to write the alphabet
- Bringing modern style to your script
Each attendee will receive a curated kit of my favorite calligraphy materials, including:
- A dual pen holder
- 3 of my favorite nibs
- A pot of sumi ink
- A pad of my favorite practice paper
- Class handouts including an exemplar of my original modern script style
All workshops are non-refundable. Come learn calligraphy with me!
2018 WORKSHOP DATES
SATURDAY, MAY 19, 2018, 1-4pm
@ EPA Shop ( 900 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025)
This workshop is limited to 8 people, giving ample time for individualized attention and questions.
presale before May 1st: $85
Full price starting May 1st: $100
Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 6:30-8:30pm
@ Chromatic Coffee (5237 Stevens Creek Boulevard Santa Clara, CA 95051)
This Workshop is Limited to 12 People.
Early Bird before June 5th: $60
Full price starting June 5th: $75
Sign up to get announcements on future workshops!